News from MORRA Hall
Our next AGM is at 7pm on Wednesday 16th August at the Meeting Room, MORRA Hall.
On The Agenda
Our priority at this stage is to create and grow our membership to the Matiatia and Oneroa Ratepayers And Residents Association (MORRA). This is so that we can legally move forward and change our constitution to make it more applicable to our current situation (the constitution was written decades ago).
- Welcome and introduction of Committee
- Present (Suggest Names of Committee and head count of all others)
- Minutes of last AGM –
Matters arising from Minutes (e.g. people who’ve resigned & new ones co-opted)
- Chairman’s report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of Officers and Committee – (First require formal approval of new members who have been nominated by two current members of the Association – Suggest Print-out of all paid up members who live in area – signed by two existing qualifying members – Approved by meeting.
Please come along and help us develop this community hall for the benefit of all.
- Appointment of an Interim Sub Committee for the purpose of reviewing the constitution of the Association, in particular whether the rules and purpose of the Constitution meet current needs. They will be asked to make recommendations re either appropriate amendments to that Constitution or an alternative legal structure to ensure the ongoing management and maintenance of MORRA Hall as a valuable Community Facility.
They will report back to the Committee of the Association who will present recommended changes to a Special General Meeting of all members. (required).
- Questions/Comments from membeRS?
- Closing and Refreshments